BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

◄◄"Rewind"►►!!




As My Brother Nutty, My sister and I sat watching Eddie Murphy "Raw", and rolling in grass, we realized we missed Cassettes.

Now don't get me wrong, I (Unfortunately ) Agree that my Ipod is the center of my very existence, No rewinding, no cases, etc...but It's so easy! Oh sure you had to flip a side to hear the next side, and the writing would always chip away so you had no clue which number each song was. If the tape got caught in the deck the film would run out and you would have to (with careful precision) wind it back in.OOOh and who remembers the little labels blank tapes came with so you could name your mixes, some even let you write out each track on a blank page....SIGH!

I remember every New Years Eve, (we were too young to go out), My sister and I would turn the radio on for the commercial free dance party and just tape every song from 100 Down to 1!, granted we needed about 5 or 6 cassettes.

what about making your own mixes! You just pop a cd into the disc player and tape which individual songs you wanted, in a couple of hours you would have your own genuine mixtape! I used to love making compilations, sat there with headphones on with one finger hovering over the pause button. Using drag and drop to make CDs just isn't the same. Its so clinical and unorganic.



Say what you will about digital recording, you haven't really proved your love for a good tune until you've spent hours re-spooling a cassette that was eaten by your tape player.

In case you were wondering where they still use cassette tapes, the answer is in prison!CDs are normally banned, since they could be used as weapons or tools to self-harm when shattered.


Peace!

2 comments:

Gee :-) said...

Chenay-nu, I'm feeling the rant but not the big white box in the middle of this page...perhaps it could be filled with something amazing...like my picture? Think about it and contact my people, this offer is very limited! xxx

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE HELL G................LOL...........LEMME SEEE........i remember sitting for hours re-spooling them thing man,,,,,,and when its got stuck and started to sound like alvin and the chipmunks..............lol.....good ol days