BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tribute to the "Original" old school!



No, I'm not talking about when you hear our generation refer to groups such as N*sync and Spice girls as old school. I'm taking it way back, to timberlands and jean overalls, When a fine sista could walk the streets in a bandana, baggy jeans and a cut off tee, and her steelo was still tighter than the slimmy with the strapless black dress and stillettos.


Here yee here yee, to ALL my people out there (black, white, hispanic, or asian), who miss the original vibe that music was meant to provide.




I feel sad to announce my feelings towards this new generation of music. Are they even singing. They tried to claim "Autotune" as a new musical development when the gold dread lock stripper lover (T-pain) showed his face, but if you know anything about music, you know that it sounds mighty familiar to R&B sexy sensation "Keith Sweat". Yum! Even our one hit wonder's were slightly more successful, (Mc. Hammer), no newbies, I'm afraid you CAN'T touch this one. If it were possible I would tell you all to create your own genre and place yourself ever so gently into it!


Now don't get it twisted, Your girl right here loves music! I was raised off of all music and love every genre out there! Boy do yall remember those Saturday mornings when Momma would clean up the house, and play the most banginest albums!, Yes I'm talking Mary J blige, Monica, SWV, Envogue, Seal, Maxi Priest and my girl Lauryn Hill....! I could go on all day. That is exactly what I intend to do, If we can't be a part of our favorite old school artists lives, we will certainly pay tribute with this blog. Every day, I'll try to present you with one of the freshest musicians from back in the day, a few lyrical quotes, photos, and videos. Memories are what keep the past alive.




Chanelle

0 comments: