BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Southern Hospitality


HAPPY NEW YEAR blog world! First off let me say that I hope everyone had the most amazing New Years eve celebration, whether you were with the one you loved most, or kicking it with your pillow, to my friends that counted down with Almighty Christ himself! We are all aiming towards bigger and better things for 2012 and no one can stop you but yourself.

On that note, Ill let you know straight away that this is not a post about the many resolutions I've set for myself but will surely break before the next holiday sets in. Its about a slap of reality that hit me while I was on vacay in Atlanta, Georgia this past weekend. Are y'all ready for this rude awakening?

CHIVALRY IS NOT DEAD!!! Yes you heard me ladies, its very much alive an kicking, and truth be told I was sad to leave it behind. I can honestly say that I've been in my share of relationships that were "OK" and I always thought that if they were at least "nice" (meaning didn't cuss me out for no reason or weren't openly rude) then I may have found "a good man". Well I'm sorry to say brotha's but my standards have increased, so if you thought it was hard to get with me then, good luck now!

What drives this increase in standards you ask? Well first of all, we all have this misconstrued vision of the states filled with the homeless everywhere, driveby's and rude workers. Nope, not in Atlanta (where I stayed anyway). Everyone was extremely nice, and not in a "oh she's a tourist" kind of way, more like, "oh look at these young folk doing their thing" kind of way.
I had the opportunity to spend time with a great guy who made me feel like GOLD. yes, GOLD! Precious as metals that men around the world kill for. From opening each and every door that was in my way, telling me I was beautiful every day and treating me with genuine respect. He catered to my emotional need for intimacy, but not in the way you're thinking. I never thought I could feel close to someone through conversation and good company. Usually theres some crazy passion that drives my emotions but this was different. I was comfortable, and that was because he went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, asking me what I wanted.

Needless to say I indulged in every second of his presence while I could, because who knew when the next time would be that I would meet someone who made me feel special with kind words and simple gestures. Now I'm not saying guys everywhere else are wack and don't know how to treat women, I'm just speaking on my experiences. This experience was an awakening for me, on not just men, but my self worth. I deserve to feel special if I choose to give someone my time and shouldn't feel any way at all negative about it.

So thank you R.D, if you get a chance to read this. I know we had our moments, but I wouldn't trade the memories for all the spinach pizza in the world!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i sheded a tear or two when i read this

Chanellebeautii said...

HAHA! I shed a tear over the fact that Ive been used to such garbage treatment lol!

Anonymous said...

Southern Hospitality is the ONLY way for me now. Them Georgia boys have made me think ALOT about how I deserve to be treated ! Love the blog Chanelle Belle! xox!

Unknown said...

I will start by saying INTERESTING!!! About the perfect Mr. Georgia, its lovely to experience that treatment no matter who or ware you are. But lets not mistake a moment in time for the moment that should set your expectations or even raise your standards:) I believe that knowing the presents of someone is limited automatically raises the level of attention, niceness and respect you give that person. So sorry Chanelle, but I don't think Mr. Georgia was only being himself, but a supperself (if I may make up a word..lol)based on the timeline this moment would last, and of course which man wouldn't take the opportunity to WOOO a Beautiful, intelligent, intellectuality, sexy, chocolate, Nubian Queen like yourself.