BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Why "Chance" it?


It seems in life we're all told about the right and wrong things to do. About the lessons we will learn, and should learn for the sake of our emotional growth, and healing purposes. We are taught the importance of forgiveness in ourselves and others that way we aren't outweighed with emotional baggage. We are told over and over that we should have faith in one another, love one another and to be kind to everyone. Though we don't always follow these instructions, they are the fundamentals of a healthy, emotionally stable life. But what about CHANCES? When has anyone ever specified when you should give someone a chance to prove themselves to you, and furthermore why should they have to prove themselves to you? Let's not get it confused, forgiveness and chances are not the same, you forgive someone without giving them another chance at loving you, your friendship, a job, or being in your life period. But the truth is we set the standards and restrictions on our lives to keep from getting hurt but could we be setting ourselves for failure regardless. We say things like:


· I won't date younger guys, they're too immature.
· I won't date anyone with kids
· I don't do long distance relationships
· I won't give a guy a second chance if he cheats, regardless if kids are involved

the list goes on. I'm not ashamed to say it, I do it too. I know it's wrong, but it's one of those things where the right and wrong thing are the same because all we're trying to do is protect ourselves. (which can't REALLY be classified as WRONG)
I don't really have the answer, because I feel as though every time I've given a guy or anyone a chance I've been hurt. So my friends. I leave you with these words, that say it better than I ever could:

"Why not go out on a limb, isn't that where the fruit us?" -Frank Scully

"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

"I believe in getting in hot water, it keeps you clean. " -G.K Chesteron

"Every man has the right to risk his own life in order to preserve it. Has it ever been said that a man who throws himself out the window to escape from a fire is guilty of suicide?" - Jean-Jaques Rousseau

"One cannot refuse to eat just because there is a chance of being choked" - Chinese Proverb

0 comments: