BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friendship is Blind.


This is one for my sista's!

Ladies oh ladies, why oh why must we obsess over men the minute they express interest in getting to know us. We talk about them constantly with our friends trying to find extra ways to woo these men, when the truth is if they weren't interested they wouldn't be here in the first place. Now seeing as it's summer time, you can barely walk down the street without seeing a couple smooching and holding hands, which obviously makes you yearn for "affection" as well. This is where we start to become delusional believing that "Any attention", is better than "No attention". This is due to the fact that
“A pleasant illusion is better than a harsh reality”. We would much rather believe that someone is madly in love with us, than actually open our eyes, and see that the same man is madly in love with every other female within a 50 mile radius. I know it sounds like I'm just another bitter black female but it frustrates me to see my friends and family constantly settle because they feel like they have to have someone to like. No one wants to be the SINGLE FRIEND.

I was like this at one point. Hell I still yearn every now and then, but when I take a look around at my options, I realize I'd rather wait than try to encourage the Ego's of these toddler's in adult bodies.
I would ask my friends opinion's on why they believe I'm still single and I got the typical answers "they're intimidated by you" or "just let it come to you". BAM! This is the problem ladies. Our friends sit our asses down and tell us what we want to hear! (Ever seen "He's just not that into you"?) Our friends have an influence over us that is sometimes blinding! If your friend goes to the gym, you want to go too!, If she gets a man, you want one too so you can double date.
I believe that a friend should be like a relative you've chosen for yourself, therefore the same way A family member will tell you how they feel regardless of how YOU feel, it should be that way with friends.

I pride myself on being the type of friend, who will lay it on you straight. If i think a guy is dogging you, I'll say it, and if you don't like it, go and cry about it to another friend, but my opinion is just that, my opinion! You can listen or leave it, but at the end of the day I just want what's best for the people around me. Men will come and go, and If I fall in love with a man, who cannot accept my friends...guess what?, PEACE HOMIE! Because in My friends I find myself, and the worst thing you can do in a relationship is lose yourself.

So to all my Summer Single Ladies, Instead of finding ways to attract a man, attract positivity and friendship, for the journey to love may be a long one, but no road is long when you have good company.

0 comments: